From today 11th of Jan to 17th of Jan, Road Safety Week is going to celebrate with the great joy and enthusiasm every year in India at many places such as Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Vadodara, Pune, Bhubaneswar, Hyderabad, Chandigarh etc.
Road Safety campaign was initiated by the ISS India HSE (Health Safety and Environment).
How Road Safety Week is celebrated:
- Traffic police or any other policemen distribute the roses, chocolates, and flowers to travelers on the road.
- Commuters will explain the method and necessities of the road safety, they must understand the use of helmets or seat belts while driving on road.
- Various painting and drawing competition, road safety announcements, exhibition, roads rules test, debates on road safety at All India Radio, workshops, seminar etc.
- Free medical check-up camps
- Quiz competitions etc activities going to held.
- To promote the road safety measure in the community, schools, colleges, workplace etc.
- To decrease and completely remove to follow the traffic rules
- To implement the new preventative measure which provides to lessen the risk